Where: Corner of Albert St & 382 Sydney Rd, Brunswick
One of the hippest food and wine stores to pop up recently, run by Executive Chef Philippa Sibley (who appeared recently on Masterchef).
The food, wine, produce and the ambiance all combine to make it my new favourite weekend lunch venue.
Here is what my last indulgence consisted of (with a friend of course):
- Quince Bellinis
- Champagne mixed with quince poaching nectar – amazing (although quinces are seasonal)
- Seared Ocean trout, Balmain bugs, saffron potatoes
- Crumbed pork scotch, turnips, watercress, green apple sauce
- 2010 Valley Vignerons Pinot Noir Yarra Valley, Vic
- Delightfully full flavoured, complex and long on the palate (perfect with any dish)
Dessert(a must as Philippa Sibley is know for her desserts)
- Meyer lemon tart
- Million Dollar Bullet
- Think chocolate bullet flavours (but using chocolate mousse and liquorice ice cream)
In a word - Perfect!
Be warned though, the menu changes monthly so regular visits are wise.