Time: 1-2 hours
When you cannot choose between dessert or cheese - why not have both.
NOTE - You will need a quantity of rough puff pastry (buy or make it yourself)
- 4 firm corella pears (cored and unpeeled)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 200ml verjuice
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15 grinds pepper
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1/3 quantity o puff pastry
- 150g piece quality gorgonzola or Stilton
- 100g quality walnuts, toasted and while warm tossed in extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan-forced or 220C conventional.
- In a medium roasting dish, add the pears and sprinkle over the sugar, verjuice and olive oil. Grind over the pepper and scatter over the thyme. Roast for 20 minutes or until a little golden. Allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry to no more than 5mm thick. Trim to a large rectangle (use the trimming to decorate the edges). Top with the roast pears. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Crumble on the gorgonzola while still warm, drop on the walnuts, drizzle over some of the pear baking juices and serve with the salad greens on the side.