Wednesday 15 May 2013

Healthy Jacket Potato

It's been a while since I harped on about healthy eating, but after recently being called a gym-junkie (an exaggeration, I promise!) I realised that maybe my diet should start matching my exercise regime.

My gym spruiks the paleo diet which I think is a little too extreme, but I do think that it is worth avoiding high fat, high carb meals. Unfortunately that is what I was craving - a big jacket potato, topped with sour cream, bacon and spring onion. Delicious! Now (as you may have guessed from the picture below) I decided to get a little creative to give myself that creamy, salty potato topping but without the guilt.



Jacket Potato with Avocado Dressed Rocket and Crispy Prosciutto
Serves 4

Ingredients
  • 4 large Sebago potatoes, cleaned
  • 1 bag rocket (approximately 100g), washed and dried
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 red onion, finely sliced
  • 50ml yoghurt
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • Olive oil
  • 4 slices of prosciutto
  • Shaved parmesan to taste
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
  2. Wrap the potato and foil and back for 50 to 60 minutes or until you can push a sharp knife easily through the potato
  3. If you are in a hurry, you can pre-cook the potatoes in the microwave for approximately 10 minutes (in a sealed microwave dish, sprinkled with water and the potato pricked all over). Then wrap in foil and bake in the oven until cooked through
  4. About 20 minutes before the potato is cooked, make the dressing for the rocket
  5. Mash the avocado in a bowl, add the yoghurt and lemon juice and mix until combined
  6. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the dressing so that it becomes a thin consistency
  7. Add the dressing to the rocket, sprinkle with red onion and parmesan and toss so the dressing covers it all
  8. Heat a frypan on a medium heat and dry-fry the prosciutto until crsipy, then crumble onto kitchen paper
  9. When the potatoes are cooked through, top with the dressed rocket and sprinkle with prosciutto then serve
Glutton

No comments:

Post a Comment