Where: 77/79 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East VIC 3057
All the blogs and food magazines are full of praise for the wonderful breakfast/brunch place Pope Joan and for good reason; it is amazing!
I could spend all day blogging and talking about the cornucopia of food at Pope Joan, but what really took my fancy last month when I was only a little bit hungry in the morning was their homemade Jam Doughnut, with Berry Jam and Cream – YUMMY!
The menu is constantly changing and keeping me guessing (but you can preview their latest menu on the website if you wish to be less surprised in the early hours of the day). I have personally been there several times and amongst my all time favorites are:
- Coffee, coffee and more coffee (of course)
- Boiled eggs, soldiers, bacon bits, herb salt
- Poached eggs w/ whatever they are serving them with this month (never been disappointed)
- The Cuban Sandwich: pulled pork, pickles n cheese (unbelievable)
- Heirloom tomatoes roasted, basil, smoked mozzarella rarebit
- Spanner crab omelette, coriander, chilli salt
Be warned it's busy, but well worth the wait.