Where: Collins Place, 45 Collins Street
- Gazpacho with Blue Swimmer Crab (see picture)
- Bullhorm Peppers, grilled Ox Heart & Harissa
- Streamed Barramundi, Sea Urchin Butter & Sweet Corn
- Coffee Sorbet w/ Chocolate Sponge
- 2011 Enigma ‘Variations’, Syrah Rose (suited the meal wonderfully - its more full bodied than a white, but clean and light enough to eat with Seafood)
The chef menu is set (but they will make alterations if you have dietary allergies) – as we had to in our case.
The Gazpacho was delicious, the coriander, grapes and parsley perfectly complimented the cold soup and blue swimmer crab chunks.
Ox Heart (which I had never tried before) was tender and delicious. However I did think the texture of the pepper seeds was not harmonious to the rest of the meal (therefore suggest scrapping them out when eating the dish).
The barramundi was perfectly cooked, but beware the Sea Urchin Butter is very fishy (to me the sea urchin tastes as intensely of sea as wheat grass does of grass). However it complimented the dish wonderfully – so glad I tried it, because I normally would not have ordered it.
Dessert of coffee sorbet with Chocolate sponge crumbs was wonderful. However – the caramelized tomato dessert which my friend had (as she is allergic to chocolate) looked amazing, and when I sampled it – this was the true winner of the day. Amazingly creative and flavorful!