Halloween Pumpkin Carving
- Buy yourself a carving pumpkin (yes it’s a special type – sold at Woolworth in my area).
- Trace an outline of the design you want on the pumpkin using water soluble marker (there is many online stencils and outlines you can copy from – remember simple is best if you are a beginner).
- Using a steak knife – cut out the design (remember the flesh under the skin is about 4 cm think).
- Draw a circle large enough for your hand to reach through around the stem – and then cut on an angle (so the lid can sit back inside later).
- Remove the stem end, which will act as a cap, and then scoop out all the pulp - making sure you scrape the sides so it is neat.
- Use a Stanley knife to neaten up your stencil.
- Place a lit candle inside the pumpkin to create an eerie glow.
If you aren’t quite following – I would suggest looking at a YouTube video.
Based on the website http://www.ehow.com/how_3983_carve-pumpkin.html#ixzz2DVkxT6Ab