Where: 359 Napier Street, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Hidden on a sunny corner off the busy streets of Fitzroy, this quaint little bluestone café transports you to that quite place you have been seeking after a busy week at work. From the velvet curtains and wood paneling, to the blackboard menu and tiny tables, this semi-well kept secret is well worth the trip.
- Ginger Bread French Toast – brioche with poached pear, pecans, yogurt and maple syrup.
- (and of course several coffees)
- While the gingerbread flavor of the French toast was very subtle, the sweetness of the dish was perfectly balanced by the yogurt.
- The coffee was strong and perfectly brewed – those coffee snobs amongst you will not be unhappy.
- My eating companion has the Workers Bun, and the couple next to us has the Reuben Sandwich, both looked delicious and filling.
A hidden treasure – definitely worth a journey down the side streets of Fitzroy.