A cold winter night in Victoria, what better way to warm up than with a cheesy risotto.
Inspired by Glutton’s Thermomix Crumpets, and with another offer of the holiday house on the Mornington Peninsula that came with it's own Thermomix (TM) I began to investigate. And can you believe – you can still make a creamy perfect risotto without stirring (simply because the TM does it for you). I used two recipes as my inspiration, one from the Community website, another from a Thermomix Blog.
As with Glutton’s Crumpets, a TM isn't necessary for this recipe other than to save you all that stirring - so I've put the instructions for both below.
- 2 zucchini meduim quartered and sliced
- 1 cup crab meat
- 200 g mozzarella cubed
- 1 red onion peeled and quartered
- 2 stalk Celery
- 30 g Butter
- 300 g Aborio Rice
- 800 ml stock
- 200 g white wine
- 50 g parmesan cheese,
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate mozzarella and parmesan 4 secs speed 8 set aside
- (NO TM = grate by hand)
- (NO TM = chop very fine by hand)
- (NO TM = use a saucepan and sauté for 5 min on medium heat)
- (NO TM =heat on medium for 3 min – until rice is coated)
- (NO TM = add zucchini & crab, and heat wine and stock in a separate saucepan)
- Then add 1 cup warm liquid to begin and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until nearly absorbed.
- Continue adding 1/2 cup warm liquid at a time, stirring constantly, until it is nearly absorbed between additions).
NotesI don’t think it was necessary to add so much mozzarella – so I might half the amount next time I cook this recipe.
Delicious and winter warming – perfect with a glass of wine (but then, what doesn't work with wine!).